Wednesday, July 6, 2016

New Day, New Blog

The last few months I have been working really hard on getting back into a routine on becoming more healthy. I have been a member of a gym, exercise classes and so in the past but money has been a huge thorn in staying consistent in it. So I had to adapt and do things that didn't cost a lot of money!! So I have been walking a lot and I was given an awesome exercise bike that has helped a lot. Shane is working and has a great job in which we are very blessed and grateful for!!! Things have been falling into place in our life here of late!!!
So here I am starting over this journey once again for what feels like the hundredth time. I started walking pretty consistent almost a month ago. I walk between 2 and 5 miles 6 nights a week.  This week hasn't been very consistent due to the holiday and Elle spending the day with us yesterday. I am still working on the nutrition part but its coming! I will say that I gained two pounds over the weekend and I will own it! I have been dealing with some emotional issues and I will admit I let a huge amount of fear enter my heart and mind this weekend. The reason is not even worthy the time to type out on this blog. Because if I give it mention that means I am letting it control me. I have spent almost 6 days letting this issue over take me and I had so much fear in my heart last night sleep was extremely hard for me and I woke up overcome with it today and all day at work I had this shadow of fear something was going to happen to me. I came home from work and started to pray and get raw with God over this fear I was feeling. I feel like a huge amount of it has been lifted but a couple times this evening it has tried to sneak back in. I was given a verse this afternoon and I am taking it every where I go! 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. I am hiding this verse in my heart and I will be reminded of it constantly!! I feel the reason of the weight gain had to do with fear and I fell back into using food as a comfort during this time. I also didn't get much exercise in. I should not have an excuse to not exercising I have this awesome bike in my family room that I can use day or night! I just have to get on it and go!!!
OK so my goal weight is 148lbs!! I am at 232lbs I want to lose 40lbs by October. My why for that goal is I don't want to be the fat mom at senior night..... Also I am doing a 5K in October as well. The 5k is for Organ donation and this is near and dear to our family. My cousin was an organ donor and we are doing this in his honor!! So this is my official 5K and the beginning to hopefully a future of many charity runs!! The Jingle Bell Run is in December and I will do that as well as it is a fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation and if you know me you know why this is near and dear to my heart!!! I feel I can get to where i need to be physically and I am going to use it to help others to see that they can do it as well!!! My goal is to blog more consistently and share my journey so others can see that they can get to where they want to be with determination!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment